Summary of Position:
Responsible for producing accurate and comprehensive HVAC sheet metal cost estimates based on plans, specifications and industry knowledge.
- Prepare complete and accurate HVAC sheet metal estimates.
- Contact and communicate with applicable vendors and subcontractors to complete estimates.
- Responsible for pre-construction correspondence with all involved parties including customers.
- Basic take-off of sheet metal duct and all items typically the responsibility of sheet metal workers.
- Responsible for applying labor factors to all applicable items based on personal and company’s historical experience.
- Read and understand construction specifications (including front-end) construction drawings, addenda, RFI’s and scopes of work from owners, engineers, other contractors and suppliers.
- Proactively organize site-visits for internal as well as external personnel, if required.
- Create and maintain organized estimate files that others can also understand.
- Submit proposals in a professional and timely manner.
- Generate and maintain good customer relations, both internally and externally.
- Track record of managing multiple estimates simultaneously.
- Estimating software experience, Trimble Autobid (Quickpen), preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Able to work in a team setting.
- Communication and organizational skills, both verbal and written.
- Basic understanding of architectural, structural, civil and electrical documents and how they relate to the mechanical documents.
- A minimum of 3+ years estimating experience.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to be able to perform the essential functions.
McKamish is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D