Director of Operations
Summary of Position:
The senior Project Manager is responsible for managing HVAC and plumbing projects. They work to ensure that projects are estimated, sold, coordinated and completed in a timely, efficient, effective and profitable manner. The Project Manager provides leadership and serves as the liaison between project team members.
- Provide estimates, sales, customer development and target marketing for HVAC and plumbing projects.
- Assure Corporate Vision and Values statements are understood and promoted. Understand and implement company philosophy.
- Ensure that projects are coordinated and completed in a timely, efficient and profitable manner adhering to the company safety program.
- Update the status of proposals and follow up on any open proposals with clients.
- Review contract language and negotiate acceptable language.
- Coordinate the set up any awarded jobs. Provide proper estimate breakdowns and all supporting documents (vendor quotes etc.).
- Coordinate with the SPG Superintendent to provide scheduling and manpower needs for projects.
- Responsible to maintain scheduling and progress of the project including the required timetables for work performed by subcontractors and equipment deliveries. Overseeing cost control to ensure profitability of the project.
- Prepare detailed scopes for subcontractors, material and equipment purchases.
- Ensure quality standards and codes are met.
- Coordinate permitting needs
- Responsible for project billings and collections to maintain positive cash flow. Including the review and approval of project invoices for accuracy and resolve any issues.
- Ability to prepare conceptual estimates, a plus.
Reasonable Accommodations Statements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience will be considered
- Estimating experience
- 2-4 year minimum Construction Project Management experience
- Must be reliable, trustworthy and accountable
- Position requires attention to detail, the ability to perform tasks accurately in an organized and process oriented manner to meet all deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to be able to perform the essential functions.
McKamish is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D